When USA Cycling issued the first press release announcing the UCI Mountain Bike Marathon World Championship team, Pua Mata was not on the list. The winner of the 2011 Whiskey Off Road was the first candidate in many minds for a nomination. The Whiskey Off Road, contested 1 May 2011 in Prescott, Arizona, was not an official qualifier for the Worlds team, but with the likes of Catharine Pendrel (Luna Chix) and Kelli Emmett (Giant) showing up for the cash, any result would be worthy. Pua took the win in Prescott in the last minutes of the race, besting Canadian National Champion Pendrel, earning $4,000, and cementing her name as the best Marathon Mountain Bike Racer in North America.
eNews & Updates
email newlsetter signupFor Email Marketing you can trust
- No public Twitter messages.
- Don’t Miss! World Cup Mountain Bike Cross Country Opener
- mtbchick Lounge at Bonelli US Cup/Kenda Cup Mountain Bike Races
- mtbchick Lounge Women’s Lounge at the Races :: Kenda Cup West and US Cup MTB Series
- California Dreamin’ :: Mammoth Mountain Biking
- 2013 Furnace Creek 508/Trona 353 :: Team Persian Onager :: Part 2, They Might Be Giants
- Could not find an access token for mtbchickdotcom.
- Make Custom Gifts at CafePress