MTBChick fulfills our mission through programs such as The Hand Up and The Gathering: Eat.
The Hand Up
Sometimes we just need a hand up to get to a race. Or to pay for entry fees, or even to repair our bike. The Hand Up is a grant program that helps athletes fund their racing goals. Our donors can help you get there, whether it’s airfare, a place to sleep or a race mechanic, we help you find the support you need. If you have immediate needs, please contact Tonya at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay tuned for our menu of offerings.
The Gathering: Eat
This is a gathering of food and friends. This gathering is a place to learn how to prep, cook and present food for yourself and for others. This is great for young riders, their parents and anyone who generally needs some inspiration in the kitchen. During The Gathering, you will learn how to make delicious meals from simple ingredients and how to forage in the kitchen to create whole meals to fuel the athlete in you. It’s also about building a community, people to talk, eat and learn with and new friends. To schedule The Gathering for yourself, friends, family or group, contact Tonya at email@example.com.
Mountain Bike Chick
Mission: We cultivate a deliberate community of women who excel at racing and in life.
- Support racers at the highest level of the sport fully– with equipment, financial and human support including mechanics and soigneurs.
- Provide life coaching so our athletes may seamlessly transition to civilian life from racing.
- Provide grants for athletes to start business or gain the training they need for a career.
- Mentor and sponsor young athletes so they may have the support to continue a cycling career into adulthood.
- Engage our Communities through clinics, volunteering, group rides, wellness coaching and training for cycling events.
- Promote women as strong, competent athletes
- Promote cycling as a healthy, sustainable lifestyle
- promote clean design, art and fashion
- adhere to Sustainable Development Goals
- enjoy the ride, and make sure you do, too
- make magic happen